Victorian Parasol Restoration: The Reveal

Project 10, part 4 – Promenade With Me (Part 1, part 2, part 3 here) Happy New Year, and welcome back to the Victorian Parasol restoration project! If you saw the final reveal for my Steampunk Utility belt, you’ve already seen a sneak peek of Bonnie in action. But I thought that she deserved aContinue reading “Victorian Parasol Restoration: The Reveal”

Edo Period Coat Restoration: The Cleaning

Project 9, part 4 – It’s Not Cotton (Part 1, part 2, part 3 here) Welcome back to the Edo period coat restoration project! Thank you so much for your patience – I now have a new cooktop, a pile of new flooring for my kitchen, and a little more time to spend on myContinue reading “Edo Period Coat Restoration: The Cleaning”

Steampunk Utility Belt: The Sewing (Stage 2)

Project 8, part 4 – Tempest in a Teacup (Part 1, part 2, part 3 here) Welcome back to the Steampunk Utility Belt project! To my surprise I was able to completely finish the belt and accessories this week. Also to my surprise, I fell totally in love with it. That’s not to say thatContinue reading “Steampunk Utility Belt: The Sewing (Stage 2)”

Milky-Chan the Fawn Restoration: The Reveal

Project 5, part 4 – Frilly Feminist Fashion (Part 1, part 2, part 3 here) Welcome back to the Milky-Chan JSK restoration project! Hopefully you’re ready for an overload of pink and white, since I’ve completely finished the restoration on this jumperskirt and I’m pretty excited to show off the results of my hard work.Continue reading “Milky-Chan the Fawn Restoration: The Reveal”

Mary Quant Minidress: The Sewing (Stage 1)

Project 4, part 4 – Perfection is a Process (Part 1, part 2, part 3 here) Welcome back to the Mary Quant minidress sewing project! After playing around with the fabric for a bit and deciding that the Hawaiian print by itself was just a teeny bit too sheer, I ended up deciding to flat-lineContinue reading “Mary Quant Minidress: The Sewing (Stage 1)”

Victorian Era Nightgown Restoration: The Cleaning (Stage 2)

Project 3, part 4 – Cleaner, but Still With Missing Buttons! (Part 1, part 2, part 3 here) Welcome back to the Victorian Era nightgown restoration project! A few days ago my order of Vintage Textile Soak arrived, so I was excited to see how it would work. The instructions said that items could soakContinue reading “Victorian Era Nightgown Restoration: The Cleaning (Stage 2)”

Meiji Era Kimono Restoration: The Finishing

Project 1, part 4 – Finishing the Mending and Previewing an Obi (part 1, part 2, part 3 here) Welcome back to the Meiji Kimono Restoration project! I’ve finally finished up all the mending – huzzah! When I sat down I thought “oh, there’s not much more to do,” but in reality it was anotherContinue reading “Meiji Era Kimono Restoration: The Finishing”